Complying with the goal of accelerating clinical and translational research in oncology, the WG joins ACC genomics activities aimed at shifting towards precision medicine by adopting next generation sequencing technologies.
The process streamlines envision:
- Analysis set-up, by investigating specific sets of colorectal cancers (namely, liver metastasis and synchronous colorectal cancers). The employed technology is also expected to allow fast diagnosis of inherited predispositions. Besides their inherent methodological goals, these studies might in the meanwhile provide information concerning genetic heterogeneity of neoplastic lesions and their possible impact on patient outcome.
- Set-up of a national tissue repository of colorectal cancer specimens, and related clinical data. This effort is aimed to exploit a relevant Italian effort in the field (TOSCA study*) by providing researchers with samples (3700 stage II and III patients, median follow-up 4 years), from a randomized trial as a revenue for future studies aimed to explore the impact of genetic derangements on disease progression, moving from solid clinical bases.
*TOSCA; Ann. Oncol 2016, ASCO 2017, NEJM 2017
- Secretary (of the Executive Board): Luigi Laghi - ICH ROZZANO
- Head of Pre-Clinical Operations: Alfredo Budillon - PASCALE NAPOLI
- Head of Clinical Operations: Alberto Sobrero - IST GENOVA
Manuela Gariboldi – INT MILANO | Stefano Fais, Ann Pegna Zeuner – ISS ROMA | Carlo Leonetti – IRE ROMA | Alfredo Budillon – PASCALE NAPOLI | Giuseppe Toffoli – CRO AVIANO | Amalia Azzariti – ONCOLOGICO BARI | Roberta Bertorelle – IOV PADOVA | Luigi Laghi – ICH ROZZANO | Vittorio Simeon – CROB RIONERO IN VULTURE | Chiara Molinari – IRST MELDOLA | Alessia Ciarrocchi – AUSL REGGIO EMILIA | Livio Trusolino – IRCC CANDIOLO | Luca Albarello – HSR MILANO | Diego Pasini – IEO MILANO | Grazia Serino – IRCCS DE BELLIS | Riccardo Ricci – IRCCS GEMELLI ROMA
Massimo Zeuli – IRE ROMA | Antonio Avallone – PASCALE NAPOLI | Angela Buonadonna – CRO AVIANO | Nicola Silvestris – ONCOLOGICO BARI | Alberto Sobrero – IST GENOVA | Monica Ronzoni – HSR MILANO | Nicola Personeni – ICH ROZZANO | Matteo Landriscina – CROB RIONERO IN VULTURE | Giovanni Luca Frassineti – IRST MELDOLA | Carmine Pinto – AUSL REGGIO EMILIA | Francesco Leone – IRCC CANDIOLO | Filippo Pietrantonio – INT MILANO | Nicola Fazio – IEO MILANO | Fotios Loupakis – IOV PADOVA | Ivan Lolli – IRCCS DE BELLIS | Lisa Salvatore – IRCCS GEMELLI ROMA